Quality Transparency & Improvement
When used consistently and accurately, data and information that are shared between providers can be used to:
- Help healthcare professionals make data-driven decisions about where they can improve and share lessons learned;
- Enable patients to make better informed choices about their care; and
- Allow purchasers to know the value of the care that they are buying.
Working in partnership with regional healthcare partners, HCGC has identified data and metrics that are meaningful to improve patient quality in the region. Performance is voluntarily reported by participating practices using data from electronic medical records. Data reported represent all patients and payers by practice site.
For more regional performance information, view the 2019 Quality Report for Greater Columbus.
2018 Quality Report
Participating organizations also participate in a quality improvement learning group which focuses on identifying ways that practices can improve for each of the quality measures. The learning group offers an opportunity to learn from others in the community and for practices to share their own experiences in quality improvement.
Through quality improvement and transparent reporting, HCGC helps to foster a safe space to report meaningful data and share best practices. By collaborating with HCGC, partners agree to:
- Use reports to improve quality of care provided by the organization;
- Share lessons learned to improve healthcare transparency in Greater Columbus; and
- Not use content to promote or publicize physician practices.
- Berger Health Partners
- Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians
- Concord Counseling
- Heart of Ohio Family Health Centers
- Hilliard Family Medicine
- Holzer Health System
- Lower Lights Christian Health Center
- Mount Carmel Medical Group
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center - Primary Care
- PrimaryOne Health
- Southeast, Inc.
Healthcare organizations are invited to contact Krista Stock to learn more about participating in this regional healthcare improvement project.